What is the Fullerton Arboretum?
"The Fullerton Arboretum is your passport to the world of plants. Without going far from home, you can inhale the fragrances of the Mediterranean, feel the cool shade of the redwood forest, delight in the glorious fall color of the northeastern United States, hear the rustle of the palm trees, take a break in a desert oasis, laugh at the funny forms of succulents, and breathe in the perfume of old fashioned roses." (http://fullertonarboretum.org/)
Here the students will have an opportunity to see some of the 40,000 species of plants from around the world. With 4 main collections of plants, Desert, Medditerranean, Woodlands, and Cultivated, students will be introduced to a world of plants. It is a beautiful hidden gem in our neigborhood.
Hours and Directions
8-4:30p.m each day
Close on New Year, Christmas and Thanksgiving
Special Summer Hours:
July: 8-8 p.m
August: 8-7:30 p.m
September: 8-7 p.m
Safety and Precautions
- Always follow the class, do not wander off alone.
- Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and close-toes shoes.
- If it gets sunny, make sure to bring sunblock.
- Please do not take anything from the Arboretum, like fruits, branches, flowers, rocks, etc.
- Please walk on the walkway and avoid stepping on plants.
- If you happen to see animals when we are visiting the Arboretum, be kind and don't disturb them by petting or coming to close to them.
- Make sure you are always next to your partner
- Breath, relax, smile, look at the beauty of the Arboretum!